Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bachelorette Party


So much has been going on lately, I haven't had time to post (never mind do all the planning I'm supposed to be doing!) Mom is trying to be patient, but if I don't get on the ball soon, she might explode!

I've moved into our new house and am loving it. Even though the a/c leaked all over the carpets and hardwood the first night, and the master bathroom shower is still without hot water, I still love having a place of my own!

The weekend before the big move, was my bachelorette party! My sister hosted the bridesmaids and me at her house in Nashville. We had a great weekend!

Amanda and I drove over from Charleston, Hannah and Cecily came down from Indiana, and Sara flew in from DC. While Amanda and I waited for Sara's flight to get in, we checked out the official Charlie Daniels museum (aka gift shop) and a couple other tourist traps on 2nd Ave. We walked down by the river, but amazingly the riverfront and all the surrounding buildings looked unaffected by the flood. They have done a great job with cleanup - in the tourist parts at least.

We originally planned to do a little flood relief of our own, but turned out everyone my sister knew was in a transition stage: wet things had been hauled away, and they were waiting on permits for remodeling. In any case, the thought was there!

We enjoyed a sunny afternoon by their pond, hanging with Lyle, and avoiding the ticks best we could! Em cooked up an awesome pork tenderloin for dinner and we ate up before our night out.

The whole family: mom's, aunts, sisters, cousins... chipped in their 2 cents for ideas for my gift. The result was a box of goodies including Parmesan cheese (for a breath killer, effective birth control, AND food), pink tool belt (for when I don't want to wait around for Adam to fix something), a notebook made from horse POOP! (for "when shit happens"), a couple of Adam's favorite recipes, a day planner pre-filled out to the tune of "Make Adam breakfast, clean Adam's dishes, make Adam's lunch, work ALL day, do Adam's laundry, talk about Adam's day, watch Adam's favorite TV show...." you get the idea, wrinkle releaser (much needed), pregnancy test (NOT needed!!), a couple nightgowns, and some beano. Yep. Beano. I'm not sure if that's for me or Adam...

After dinner, cake, and gifts - we all headed downtown for music and drinking! Our first stop was a concert benefiting a local girl with breast cancer. We had mixed reviews on the music, but were glad to be a part of the charity. Next we went to a honky tonk on Broadway sporting a light up engagement ring and 100% "recycled" veil lovingly made by my co-workers. I personally LOVED that music - stand up base, fiddles, and a sweet slide guitar. We ended the night at a low key bar with some quality late night food - and a little entertainment from a bachelor party we ran into.

Sunday we slept in, lounged around the pool, played some tennis, and enjoyed the sunshine. We toured around some high class neighborhoods, got caught in a downpour 3 blocks from our car, and finished the night with pizza, beer, a board game, and movie.

Monday morning we stopped by the famed Pancake Pantry (yes, Taylor Swift and Justin Beaver ate there....we were one week late! haha) before dropping Sara off at the airport JUST in the nick of time! Amanda and I have a uneventful (good thing) drive back finishing Shopaholic and Sister on CD and even made it home in time to get some yard work in.

Thanks to my sister for hosting a nice weekend! It was a relief to get away from house, wedding planning, and work for a few days. Now it's back to reality and the clock is ticking. 93 days to go!


1 comment:

Abby said...

Apparently it's Justin "Beiber" not Beaver...frankly that's just a disappointment.

Thanks, Nate, for bringing that to my attention: my go-to guy for girlie teeny-bopper music!