Monday, April 5, 2010

Bridesmaid dresses are in!

Designer's Website
After a brief hiatus for some intense house hunting (we have an offer in on a short sale and hope to have word by then end of this week), wedding planning is back in motion.
Since the last post I have picked up my wedding dress (yay!) and have picked out the bridesmaid dresses! Thanks to two lovely, patient models/bridesmaids, Sara and Amanda Suiter, we found a dress that I really like. (and hope everyone else does too!)
My green effort in this case was reusability... Let's pause for the 27 dresses scene where the bride thinks her hideous dress choice can "totally be cut short and worn again!" I hope I'm not so blind! ...Good-looking, affordable dresses are difficult enough to find. Adding organic hemp fabric from a fair trade company was asking a bit much. Instead, we found an "ink" colored cocktail dress, by Donna Ricco, at a local shop in downtown Charleston that can double for bridesmaid apparel. I'm hoping the girls can rewear these dresses to future events or at least consign or donate them after the wedding.
I'm hoping to find some great jewelery and shoes to complete the ensemble with equal reusable potential.
Here's a pic! (My unbiased opinion: MY bridesmaids look WAY better in this dress than this model...)

No comments: